Monday, December 7, 2009

Some more updates on what we're up to

After leaving california we finally made our way back to utah. We got settled into our basement apartment and we started looking for jobs. After a few weeks of looking for jobs Kyle got a job at a Cabinet Shop. I was having no luck finding a job. Three weeks later Kyle got laid off because the Cabinet Shop did not have the work they were anticipating. I finally got a job as a lunch lady for the Murray School District but it was only and On-Call position. After starting my lunch lady training I got another interview for a different school district that had a perminent postion available. I got the job for the Salt Lake City School District, but my starting date for the job was weeks away. I also got another part time job working in the Albertson bakery. So now I have 2 jobs and Kyle has none.

Than came Thanksgiving. We went to Wyoming for Thanksgiving and it was so much fun to be together with Kyle's whole family. The food was great and it was fun to get to learn about some of their family traditions. The day after Thanksgiving we went into the woods and cut down our own christmas trees, it was lots of fun. Than that evening the girls got to make a craft. I was so excited about the craft because I have never really made one before and it made me feel more like a house wife. I thought I did a pretty good job.
Than we were back to life. Kyle got some interviews and I started working. Kyle ended up getting a job at a group home for troubled teens, the place is called La Europa. We decorated our tree and started preparing for Christmas. Kyle also got accepted into the Police Academy at Salt Lake Community College, he starts January 11th and he is so excited. And I'm so excited for him. I am glad he has made a decision on a career and that he is excited about it. I am also proud that he wants to serve and protect people. Also the health coverage is awesome which is perfect for me. We will be going to California for Christmas and I am so excited that I'm going crazy having to wait until we get to go.

2 comments:

  1. don't let brad read that kyle is doing the police academy! he has been begging me to let him do that!! I say finish one thing first! How exciting for kyle though... that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete